Friday, February 19, 2010

CHAPTER ONE: THE STORY BEGINS

ONCE UPON A TIME in a land far, far away......(isn't that how all strories begin), the land of Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada, in a time long, long ago, October 6, 1919, a BEAUTIFUL baby girl was born to William John Thomas and Orinda Ann Karren.  They named the beautiful little girl, Maxine Ruth Thomas.


Maxine was the youngest child born to William and Orinda.  Ralph William was the first born on February 28, 1898, followed by Leone (fondly know as "Nonie" by Maxine), who was  born April 29, 1899 (although there is some argument on the year... Nonie said 1900 but Maxine said it was 1899... she just didn't want to be born in the 1800's).  Leland was the next child born, on August 23 1904. Harold Karren (known as "Jack") was nine years older than Maxine, and was born July 5, 1910.  Their stories will be discussed in later chapters.  Now back to Maxine...

4 comments:

  1. Loving this!! Thank you so much...I can't wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun... give me more! Give me more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everyone knows they weren't really Sir and Lady, etc., etc., etc. You can't believe everything you read on the internet, you know. But she really was Princess Maxine!! I'm sure about that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, I worried about that too, I'll put a note in there to make sure that isn't misunderstood.

    ReplyDelete