I joined GenealogyWise about a year ago and I received an email a couple of weeks ago from Maxine's cousin's daughter Nancy Feller. Nancy's mother, mom's cousin, is Donna Jensen, daughter of Erma and Edwin Kester. Erma is Grandma Orinda's sister. Anyway, Kathy and I had just been talking in December about how we had lost contact with Donna. Then I got this email from Nancy, who found me on GenealogyWise. She is a member of GenealogyWise too. Is that a coincidence or what? I don't have a picture of her, but if you go to GenealogyWise you can look her up.
I have this cute picture of mom (Maxine) and Gordon (Donna's brother and Nancy's Uncle).
I wish I had more pictures of Aunt Erma and her family, but I don't think I do. Maybe, I can get some from Nancy. Nancy also contacted Kathy and she told her that Donna passed away in 2001.
It is so exciting to make contact with relatives I don't know or haven't heard from for awhile.
I also received at the same time, an email from another relative who found me on GenealogyWise too. Her name is Maren Wunsche from Germany. Her great great great grandfather is also my great great great grandfather, James Steele. I come from his line with his wife Elizabeth Kerr and she comes from his line through his second wife, Jane Kay. We have been communicating and it is exciting. Anyone who would like to can join GenealogyWise and request these people to be a friend (like on facebook). It is fun!!
This was a fun way to start my new year. I am learning more about my genealogy and getting to know more family!
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love your commitment to more posts. Keep up the good work and thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to look on GenelogyWise next!
ReplyDeleteNice job Linda. You are inspiring me to be better about keeping up with our family story and geneology.
ReplyDelete